This recipe serves two
3/4 pounds of Ahi Tuna cut into two pieces
Salt and Pepper
1 cup Brown Rice
2 1/4 cups water
1 Tablespoon Butter
Salt and Pepper
1 cup sliced Crimini Mushrooms
1/2 cup dry White Wine
1 clove Garlic chopped
1 cup fresh Orange Juice
3/4 cup Clam Juice
1 pinch Red Pepper Flakes
1 cup Green Beans cut into 1 inch pieces
1. Preheat oven to 450º, and place a lined frying pan into the oven.
2. Place the tuna into a dish and dress with olive oil, salt, and pepper and set aside.
3. Bring to a boil the water for the rice, along with the butter, salt, and pepper. When the water has come to a boil, add the rice and when it returns to a boil, cover, and let simmer on low for 35 minutes. When finished, let sit for ten minutes covered.
4. Saute the mushrooms in butter, and add salt and pepper. Add the wine, until it boils away, then set aside
5. Blanch the tomatoes and remove their skins and then chop
6. Slice the leeks and chop the garlics and add to 1 tablespoon of olive oil and butter each. Saute until the leeks are tender.
7. Add the chopped tomatoes and red pepper flakes and cook for 15 minutes uncovered.
8. Place the cooked tomatoes in a food processor, and pulse until all the ingredients are well blended.
9. Force the tomato mixture through a sieve and return to the pan.
10. Add the orange juice and cook for 5 minutes.
11. Add the clam juice, and let heat on low.
12. Cook the green beans for 4 - 5 minutes in boiling water, drain and add to broth.
13. Add cooked mushrooms to the rice and mix.
14. Add the tuna pieces to the pan, and roast for 5 minutes a side.
1. Place a scoop or the rice in a large soup bowl.
2. Place a tuna piece so that it leans on the rice.
3. Pour the broth/green bean mixture around the edges of the rice/tuna.