25 September 2009

Wednesday, 23 September 2009

I think that half the fun of travel is the anticipation.  So at dinner last night, I relished the time with Arthur, and the anticipation of the travel we would soon be doing separately and together.  I got up early to see him off and to finish packing.  I had allowed a great deal of time, so it was a leisurely pace that accompanied my shower and my last minute errands.  The Yellow Cab came in minutes - they finally realize that people actually live here!

It seems strange being at the airport again, having just traveled last Friday to Minneapolis.  There's the usual breakfast at the Yankee Clipper (french toast, this time); then some shopping, and browsing, and the required trip to Compass Books, where I saw nothing that I needed.

The flight to Chicago was inconsequential.  I slept most of the way, or stared out the window.  I was looking forward to the train trip to the International Terminal in Chicago, but Lufthansa boards flights in Concourse B, so there was no new territory to explore.  I went to the Red Carpet Club and caught up on email and FB.  It was a room of individuals, with very little relating going on.

Finally it was time to board (22:00).  They served us dinner!  Which wasn't bad, a very nice salad with chicken breast, a skirt steak with fingerling potatoes, a cheese plate with brie, chevre, and a cheddar, and finally a bread pudding with chocolate sauce.  There was a nice red to go with it all as well.

The seat really did fold down into a nice flat plane and I actually slept...quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment